Project Title: Nepal COVER-II
Funding Agency: World Vision International
Project Period: 1 May 2021 to 31 July 2021
Target Area: Garuda and Madhavnarayan Municipalities and COVID-19 hospitals of Rautahat District
To respond the COVID-19 second wave crisis, WVIN and RDC Nepal have come up with Nepal COVID-19 Emergency Response project called Nepal COVER-II Project (NCP). Nepal COVER-II Project has been aligned with the Nepal Government’s National Preparedness and Response Plan, World Vision Global Guidance for COVER as well as with the specific needs of children and the most vulnerable groups in Nepal in its program areas. The main goal of this project is to limit the spread of the COVID-19 and reduce its impact on vulnerable children and families.
- To limit the spread of COVID-19
- To reduce COVID-19 impacts on vulnerable children and families
- Medical equipment and materials including Oxygen cylinder 70 unit, PPE 70-unit, Thermal Gun- 70 unit, Oxy-meter 70 unit and oxygen concentrator 1 unit handed over to District COVID-19 Crisis Management Centre (DCCMC), which has supported Gaur Hospital, Chandrapur Hospital, Paroha Hospital, Madhavnarayan and Garuda palika to manage the crisis.
- Gaur Hospital was supported with 128 units of hygiene kit, which has helped COVID-19 patients during treatment and isolation to maintain personal hygiene.
- In the COVID-19 second wave crisis, 108 families were supported with food consumption support to the most vulnerable families to fulfill their food need.
- Self-learning materials was supported to 2000 vulnerable children of grade 1, 2 & 3 of target palika, which helped to learn during lockdown period in homes.