Project Title: Resilience Plus Programme
Funding Agency: Plan International/UK AID
Project Period: July 2020 to April 2021
Target Area: Paroha Municipality and Yamunamai Rural Municipality
Resilience Plus was an intensive, multifaceted approach to respond immediately to the food crisis and strengthen local vulnerable households to resilience to future emergencies. Through this project vulnerable households were able to meet their basic food and Non-food needs through the receipts of emergency assistance. This project also strengthened social protection pathways and access to services including government social protection scheme. Main aim of project was to assist the vulnerable family by giving them food and nonfood supplements to survive in the crucial time.
- Vulnerable households are able to meet their basic food and non -food needs through the receipt of emergency assistance
- Improved Awareness on COVID-19 prevention and Mitigation, hygiene practices, key protection massaging, information on social protection schemes and referral services
- Strengthening social protection pathways and access to service including government social protection.
- Food and non-food needs has been supported to 1789 HHs through the receipt of emergency assistance which has addressed the basic needs of poor and vulnerable families hence improving their health condition.
- Dissemination of Radio message on COVID-19 awareness and wash/nutrition, protection scheme, through local FM 400 spot during the project period in the target areas that increased awareness on COVID-19 preparedness and the measurement of safety and security from it and behavioral change on handwashing and sanitation.
- Local governments were engaged and awareness raising activities carried out on social protection scheme, vital registration and local government child protection mechanism in two target palika through which 207 people was able to be received social protection and vital registration benefits.