In support of World Education Inc., Rural Development Centre Nepal has implemented “Sanga Sangai The Learning Together” program in all 18 R/Municipalities of Rautahat district from February 15, 2016 to January 2019. This project was specially designed for female education and empowerment along with promotion of local culture and history of the district. It has emphasized on Education, Health, Vocational Training and Livelihood, Art Skill, Madrassa Education, School, IT/Computer, Child Rights, Culture Empowerment.
- Gain basic literacy and numeracy skills, valuable health knowledge and support out of school girls to re/enroll or mainstream in national education system, and to increase the impact of these intervention on girls' lives, mother will be engaged through inter-generational activities, non-formal education and arts.
- Out of schoolgirls from Dalit, Muslim and disadvantaged caste and their mother.
Key Output: Out of schoolgirls were enrolled in schools nearby for formal education in coordination and collaboration with school, local level stakeholders and parents after the completion of non-formal education.
- Through 99 bridging classes, 3 month's non-formal educational package, total 2542 girls were benefited and 2014 were admitted in schools.
- 175 Girls Access to Education (GATE) class were operated (9 months’ non-formal educational package) in which 4958 girls were benefited and among them 3743 were enrolled in schools.
- 85 Non-formal Education Classes for mothers were conducted (9 months’ non-formal educational classes package) in which 2498 benefited. Among them selected mothers were enrolled in Mother Arts Workshop to preserve local culture through art and contribute in income generation.
- 32 Self-employment Education Program (SEEP) classes were operated (6 month's non-formal educational package) through which 486 girls who got married at early age were enrolled and benefited through entrepreneurship skills, health education and income generation.
- Girls who were admitted to schools were supported with school bag, uniform and stationary materials.
- 100 SMC/PTAs trainings were through which 2268 teachers, parents and other stakeholders were capacitated.
- 5 schools were supported with ICT accelerated Learning centre and 3 schools were supported with accelerated learning centre.
Conclusion and Recommendations:
Participants are getting enrolled in schools. The project has focused to increase participation into the formal education for Dalit and Muslim. As per the objective, the project is going smoothly to address the educational issue in a predetermined way. The project is running smoothly in the localities. Community people and schools are coming forward to cooperate and coordinate which can be said that it is a positive aspect of the program.