Project Title: Enabling Teaching Learning of Marginalized Children through Education and Infrastructure Support to Community School of Rautahat.
Funding Agency: Penny Appeal
Project period: February 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Target Area: Chandrapur Municipality; Ward No. 9, Najarpur
Rautahat district is in the tail in terms of HDI (0.38) and having high illiteracy, higher concentration of marginalized and poor population and limited government priority for development are some key reasons behind out of school children, poor education, child marriage, child labour and other child related social issues. Without strengthening the education system, it is about impossible to end the child issues. This project has addressed the infrastructure renovation and teaching learning support to the community school of Chandrapur Municipality of Rautahat district. lt has helped the school to provide safe and healthy environment to the children for teaching learning. It has also made available of basic WASH facilities for the children.
To renovate and support teaching learning materials to the community school for the inclusive education.
Direct Beneficiaries: 190( All school children)
Indirect Beneficiaries: 1200
Key Achievement during the period:
- Total 190 school children belonging to marginalized communities have been directly benefitted from the project activities. Quality education has been easily accessible to the children from vulnerable and marginalized groups through the project.
- Improvement of school infrastructure through number of rooms renovated, child friendly handwashing corner establishment, library room, kitchen room, and office room.
- Four classrooms have been renovated ( length 6.30m, breadth 4.60m, height 3m) which has helped the school to enroll new left out children of the community and enhance the education of the poor and marginalized children.
- A kitchen room has been repaired ( 3.65m and breadth 3m) where mid-day meals is cooked for the primary level school children every day.
- Child-friendly handwashing corner (length 15m, breadth 1.50 m) is established within the school premises that has helped in improving the personal hygiene of the children.
- Indoor and outdoor games materials have been supported to upgrade the teaching learning environment of the school.
- Installation of complaint box, formation of complaints hearing committee and orientation on safeguarding and complaints response mechanism (CRM).
- Upgraded teaching learning environment through provision of protection, WASH, quality education and recreational activities (indoor and outdoor games materials).